- A guide to System Colours - how to make your VB programs
colour scheme independent, relying on the Windows Control Panel settings and not specific colours.
- How to Change Priority, so that a thread or process
which is running can be changed to take up as little or as much CPU time as you require.
Mail me if you have any of the following
code or ideas in VB4.
- How to use the WinG or DirectX graphics libraries. Specifically to reduce the size of the screen,
- How to add your own items to the System Menu of an application and respond to them,
- 32-bit equivalent of Win 3.1 GetFreeSystemResources API call or a function which gives an equivalent result.
- Jeff Hackl, for the screen saver preview explanation (available here),
- Benjamin Bourderon, for his non-OCX tray notification and click recognition and numerous
other programming examples on his homepage.
Could the person who sent me the code example of using the WinG functions could they get back to me, the e-mail and attatched .zip file they sent were corrupt!
©1996-8 Matt Sephton, Tektonix Software.