Thanks for the download. You must be having trouble getting one of the programs
to run. Here is a list of the most common problems along with some of their solutions.
Most Common Problems
- Make sure you have downloaded the relevant library files from the library section of our webpage.
- Make sure the library files are located in the correct directory, ie. your Windows\System\ directory.
- Make sure you have registered the support files if using Windows 95 using the Runme.bat automated file.
- Make sure you are using the latest versions of the VB 4.0/32 run-time files. They can be downloaded from the links on the library section of our pages.
Runtime Error 31037 - 'Error loading from file'
Runtime Error 367 - 'Cannot load or register custom control...'
- You have an inconsistent set of, or improperly installed, Automation system files.
This is an inherent problem with some Visual Basic programs. Other Microsoft Applications install
different versions of some system files, which cause a conflict. If you are sure you have installed the latest support libraries, you can solve this problem by:
- Download a full set of updated Automation Library Files,
This Knowledge Base article provides more information and a download link for the Updated Automation System Files.
Reboot your computer.
- Download and run RegClean,
The Knowledge Base provides some more information and a download link to Regcln41.exe.
- Rerun the program.
- Thank Microsoft for the problem, and the solution.
- You are using an old version of a certain file.
You have a problem with the run-time libraries for VB4.0/32. The best way to
solve this is to install the official Microsoft library package. It is free to the
public and can be found at several places, most notably VSL under the name
VB40RUNT.ZIP or similar.
- Always make sure you have the latest version of a program, as we are continually refining and enhancing our software, be it to add new features or
correct the odd problem. Check the download directory or a specific program page to see if you need to update.
- The latest version of each of our programs is always put on the Tektonix Software home page a couple of days before it is added to www.Windows95.com etc.
- Whilst every effort has gone into making our programs as widely usable as possible, there may still
be problems with some foreign language setups. If you do find an incompatability with any International
settings - such as times, dates and text - please contact us.
[ Registering | Libraries | Links
| All ]
- If the tray icon menu takes a long time (more than 1 second) on your system
and you feel that it has finished loading, check the DoubleClickSpeed
setting in your Win.ini file. A normal setting is about 320, which
translates to a medium double-click response rate.
©1996-8 Matt Sephton, Tektonix Software.